Online Map

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Trail Gnomes!

First time on the Gussy Trail in a month and I it looks like it's really getting some use, from Mountain Bikers from what I can tell. Lots of improvement to the up and overs, too! Big Thank you to who ever is doing this!

Looks like on this one particular up and over some riders still haven't realized that their outer front chain ring is useless and should be replaced with a good bash guard! It appears that some work was done here making the other side a little more stable.

Twenty yards south of the up-and-over above is this little one that needed a little more attention. I made a few changes and I think they came out really nice!


The ride over this one is much smoother. Not sure if this was the one that Rob told me about earlier this week, however, at this point all the up-and-overs are pretty solid.

This last up-and-over was a complete surprise. It looks like an old, dead tree might have fallen across the trail and the trail gnomes took it upon themselves to build up nice ramps on both sides of the tree.
As you can see, the south side only had one rock and if you were riding up the Gussy, the rock creating the ramp on this side would be very difficult to climb up.


I spent a little time adding a better tranny and widening the ramp with some more rocks.




I really need to get out and finish the benching in a few places, now. Right now I am planning on a TM and Ride day for August 23rd.

No comments: