Online Map

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

New Year's Day Hike

My daughter and I went for a hike New Year's Day and upon arriving at the Boat Ramp I was dismayed to see there was a mountain biker out on the trails given the temperature was in the low 40s and riding on soft trails would be really detrimental.


I see this BMW with a trailer hitch bike rack parked here a lot but don't know who it belongs to.


A fellow Veteran, even.


Lost and found at the trail head includes a pair a glasses and keys.



Katie and I headed down the Blue Blazed Trail and after crossing the second stream noticed that hikers have left their mark on the soft trails as well. We stayed off to the side in any places that were soft.


Looks like Connecticut Forest & Park Association is using a new kind of blaze.  No longer painting them on trees, rather using painted strips and aluminum nails.


I don't think I have been this far down the Lililonah Trail in a couple of years. Definitely not after the Micro Bursts/Tornados a few years ago but the trail underwent a serious reroute up to the Kissing Oaks. I noticed that the new trail was even benched in places.


Although only one part of the tree still remains


The lower section is still kissing!


Looks like a mountain biker lost their go juice. The bottle is now sitting empty in my recycling bin.


All in all, it was a nice hike with my daughter to welcome in the new year and decade.





No comments: