Online Map

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Not the right way to block a trail

I ran into a neighbor on his quad yesterday while driving home from work and asked him where he rides that thing, of course the simple fact that he was riding it on the road was illegal, and he knew it, but when he said the State Forest, I had to go see for myself. I don't know where he was thinking but I couldn't see any signs of ATV usage in my area of the forest.

At the start of my ride, I headed down to the Pond Brook to check out the reroute and it's looking good. Figuring I would loop back on the new section of trail and the old section of trail I came across this trail block. While I appreciate the thought just putting logs that way probably won't deter a lot of people. If you want to block the trail you have to put a lot more brush down in order to get your point across that this section of the trail is closed. And what about the other end? Not sure if I mentioned this when I was doing the reroute but I left a spot open for people who might still use the old section.
We'll see if it holds.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: