Online Map

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Latest Trail Map

Here is the latest trail map, including all the existing trails. The White Trail that connects the Blue Blazed to the Brody Road is shown below as a Connector Trail along with the other unmarked trails. Not included here are the hunters' trail that I have found over the years. Some of those trails even show up on the Town's GIS map, so technically they should be considered but I don't have a decent track for them yet.

I am now showing Upper Gussy Trail as one contiguous trail that overlays the Brody Road. This way you can get the full effect and distance of the trail.

You could split the 2.7 mile trail into three sections:
  1. Pond Brook Connector: 0.2 miles
  2. Brody Road Section: 0.4 miles
  3. Main Trail Section: 2.1 miles
I think if you were to ride it, you would start at Pond Brook, ride up the Brody Road to the start of the main trail, down to Sanford Rd, hook around back into Forest and take the Brody Road all the way back to the connector trail.

I am not sure how accurate the profile is below but the track starts at Pond Brook and ends at Sanford Road. Looking at the contours, I don't think there is even a 600 ft contour so I question the accuracy of this track.

Here is how it looks on Crankfire.com. Looks the same because it's the same track. I think I am going to have to bring another GPS to check the elevation.

1 comment:

MMS said...

Thanks for the map! Your map is better than any other map I could find!